This position is responsible for bookkeeping and data entry, creating and distributing reports, completing assigned projects, general reception duties such as fielding telephone calls and receiving visitors, creating documents and spreadsheets, filing, and faxing. This persons job-shares with another employee and communicates effectively to ensure all tasks are completed correctly and on time to satisfy the requirements of A. Fagundes Plumbing and Heating Inc, three constituencies: the Owner, the Employees, and the Customers. Offering superior plumbing services to our local community for nearly two decades. A. Fagundes genuinely cares, respects, and appreciates our team. We are looking for a dedicated, Book Keeper/Admin to join us and make us even better. We offer an incredible employee benefits package that includes in-house manufacturer training, continuing education reimbursement, annual and monthly bonus/commissions, competitive salary, paid time off, 401K with company match, consistent/flexible work schedule, fully-paid medical/dental/short and long-term disability, etc. not to mention a collaborative team environment, friendly, family culture, and rewarding work with room for growth!
If you are looking for an engaging environment to advance your career while working with the best in the business, check out what it takes below.
To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, stoop, kneel, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. This job will require the employee to sit for long periods of time and use a computer keyboard. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
One or more individual contributors/intermediate supervisors may report to this position for long and short-term periods.
Our Promise to You
We know your success is our success! A.Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. has been offering top-quality home services since 2003. We are a growing locally owned and family-oriented company with our goals for unequaled customer service and repeat customer satisfaction. We understand the significance of job referrals as the key to our business expansion. Our staff is trained to be efficient, precise, and respectful. Our growing company offers a comprehensive compensation package with the industry's best benefits and perks. Take the opportunity to be a part of a growing team, build a career you love, and directly impact our success! Let’s connect. Apply today.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Executes daily financial functions including payments and receipts; completes data entry tasks correctly and timely.
- Prepares routine financial reports and assists with preparing budgets as instructed.
- Professionally and courteously receives telephone calls and visitors. Assesses needs and then provides assistance or directs calls or visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Executes all daily tasks for mail handling including delivery, receipt, postage meter, and distribution.
- Maintains paper and electronic files necessary for administrative purposes according to all policies.
- Assists with clerical tasks to include typing, filing, proofreading, and data entry.
- Ensures that common areas are equipped with supplies, and places orders for routine supplies as needed, or for special supply requests from program managers.
- Maintains working knowledge of all office equipment, and informs supervisor of service needs.
- Keeps immediate supervisor and job-share partner well-informed of activities, results of efforts and problems/potential problems identified; recommends corrective actions to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains good working relationship with vendors and service providers.
- High School Degree required, Business School or College degree preferred
- One to three years’ experience in office procedures and bookkeeping, experience with non-profits preferred
- Advanced general computer skills and internet research skills
- Advanced skills in typical office software including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Advanced skills in QuickBooks is preferred; experience with other bookkeeping systems will be considered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as a team player maintaining healthy work relationships