A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. is proud to be a participating contractor with the Mass Save HEAT Loan Program.
The following checklist outlines the steps to apply. Use this form as a guide to help you throughout the process. As you go through each process check off tasks as you complete them. Please see the FAQ below for further information on each step (click links to jump).
- Step 1: Call 1-866-527-SAVE to schedule your Mass Save Home Energy Assessment.
- Step 2: Customer receives HEAT Loan Intake form.
- Step 3: Customer calls contractor to obtain a proposal for program eligible work.
- Step 4: Sign your HEAT Loan Intake form and proposal provided by your contractor for your application to get submitted. You will need to provide a copy of your gas, oil, propane, and electric bills to your Sales Consultant.
- Step 5: Customer receives HEAT Loan Authorization form.
- Step 6: Apply for a Mass Save 0% loan through a participating lender.
- Step 7: If approved, the customer closes the loan with the lender. The checks are issued by the lender and made out to both the customer and the contractor. Checks will be for the full amount of the loan, minus applicable rebates.
- Step 8: Call your contractor to pay your deposit and schedule the work.
- Step 9: The contractor will help submit any rebates for qualifying equipment. The warranty registration of the installed equipment will be completed at the same time.
Q: What is the Mass Save phone number?
A: The Energy Assessment is an on-site visit to identify energy efficiency opportunities performed by a qualified Mass Save Energy Specialist, you will get a customer energy report outlining energy efficiency recommendations, next steps, rebates, and incentives. Your no-cost home energy assessment will include, as needed, certified LED Light bulbs, advanced power strips, low-flow showerheads, faucet aerators, and thermostats.
A: A complete intake form is given to you at the time of the energy assessment by the Mass Save Auditor. This intake form is required to apply and obtain your Heat Loan authorization form from Mass Save. Fill out Section 2 and sign the bottom.
A: As of February 9, 2023, The Sponsors of Mass Save are pleased to announce that the HEAT Loan limit has increased to $50k.
This increase means:
- Residential customers who have accessed HEAT Loan for previous energy efficiency upgrades and are interested in installing heat pumps can now access an additional $25K for that work.
- Residential customers who have not accessed HEAT Loan before are now eligible to finance up to $50K for their heat pump installation.
Please note, not all lenders are increasing their loan limit.
A: If you have an active email account, submitting your application online is the best and most reliable way to submit your paperwork and you will receive a confirmation of receipt. Our sales and office staff will help you submit your Mass Save HEAT Loan application through the Mass Save HEAT Loan Portal.
Q: How long does it take to process my paperwork and obtain the HEAT Loan Authorization form? (Step 5)
A: Processing time can take anywhere from 2-7 days depending on completeness of paperwork, the items being financed, and time of the year of your submission. Please note that you must receive an authorization form from Mass Save Program via email before you can apply for a loan.
Q: What do I do next when I receive the HEAT Loan Authorization Loan form? (Step 5)
A: Now that you have your authorization form, you will be able to apply for a Mass Save Loan at 0% interest. You must contact a participating lender directly to initiate the application process and apply for a loan.
A: Once you are approved, your lender will set a date to close the loan and provide you with a two-party check made payable to you and the contractor. Depending on the lender, sometimes they will cut only one or three checks. To pay your contractor, simply sign over the bank check to the contractor.
A: Yes, we offer easy financing options. You can apply online through our website at www.afphpro.com or call our office and we will be able to help you with an application.
Q: I closed on my Mass Save Loan and I have received my loan checks. Now what? (Step 7)
A: Call your contractor to pay your deposit and schedule the install. Please let your contractor know how many check(s) you received from your lender and the amounts.
Q: Why is my check amount lower than the quote amount? (Step 7)
A: Mass Save does not allow customer to finance the rebate amount. Customers can only finance the net cost of the project using the 0% program.
A: If you are financing the project using the Mass Save 0% financing program, then yes, the rebates are due up front out of pocket.
A: Rebates are submitted once the final payment has been received at the office. Our office staff submits all rebates through the program online portal and will complete the warranty registration of the installed equipment with the manufacturer.
Q: How long does it take to receive my rebate and how to check the status of my rebate? (Step 9)
A: Please allow 10-12 weeks for Mass Save rebates to be processed and mailed. Payment processing can take longer if information or documentation is missing from the application or if Mass Save needs to verify information with the customer. Prior to honoring any rebates, Mass Save reserves the right to conduct an onsite verification that equipment has been installed.
To check the status of your rebate, you may call Mass Save at 1-800-232-0672, use the online chat, or check status online here.
Heating systems rebate information and requirements:
- Customers replacing an existing condensing heating system with a new condensing natural gas or propane furnace, or boiler is eligible for a $200 rebate.
- Customers replacing an inefficient non-condensing heating system with a new condensing natural gas or propane furnace or boiler are required to pre-verify the existing heating system prior to installation.
- To schedule a virtual or on-site pre-verification appointment, visit MassSave.com/GetVerified (opens in a new window)
- The complete list of equipment that requires existing heating system pre-verification is here(opens in new window)
- Pre-verification is not required for combined condensing furnaces or boilers with on-demand tankless water heating models and oil furnaces
- Inefficient Heat Pumps replaced with a new high-efficiency and/or cold-climate Heat Pump are not eligible for rebate. However, if installing a Mass Save Heat Pump listed on the Qualified Product List, the homeowner may be eligible for a HEAT Loan, but not for rebates.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at (978) 350-5522.
“Definitely Recommend” - William G.
“Satisfied Customer” - Michael C.
“Highly Recommend” - Jason H.
“Very Happy Again” - Rick A.
“Fixed Our Problem in No Time” - Mark O.
“Great Service!” - Steve M.
“Knowledgeable and Professional” - David S.
“Friendly Service!” - Mike B.