Delivering Maximum Home Comfort Since 2003
Is your home uncomfortable, despite having the heating system on? This may be due to your heater losing efficiency. With proper care, most heating systems will last around 10 years. As they reach the end of their life cycle, they start to lose effectiveness, and repair issues become more frequent. If you are struggling with a heating system that is not up to snuff, call our Lowell heating service specialists at A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. We have same-day appointments available, and we can provide services in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Signs It's Time to Call for Heating Repair
During the winter months, you rely on your heater to keep your home comfortable. If it stops working, you notice right away. But, do you know the other, more subtle signs that your heater is struggling to keep up? Being on the lookout for the warning signs of a heating repair problem can help you take charge of your system and can save you from a complete breakdown.
The signs your heater needs repairs include:
- Your home isn’t as comfortable as it once was
- There are hot and cold spots in your home
- The thermostat is broken or malfunctioning
- You smell burning and other foul odors coming from your vents
- The heating system makes strange noises
- You see visible damage to your furnace or boiler, and/or any gas connections
- Your utility bill has increased
Diagnosing a heating issue can be tricky. This is why you want to work with experienced professionals, like ours at A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. Our Lowell heating repair specialists have nearly two decades of experience, and we can work on all types of heating systems. When you call us, we will diagnose your problem, provide you with all of your options, and perform top-quality heating repair services. When you want to work with a company that works to a higher standard, call us.
Strange Noises Coming From Your Heater?
Strange noises coming from a heater can be a cause for concern, as they often signal underlying issues that may require attention. Identifying these heater noises and understanding what they mean can help you address potential problems before they escalate.
Here are some common types of heater noises and their meanings:
- Banging or Clanking: If you hear loud banging or clanking sounds, it may indicate that there are loose or damaged parts within the heater, such as a broken blower wheel or a loose motor mount.
- Screeching or Whistling: High-pitched screeching or whistling noises often result from issues with the blower motor or the fan blades. This could be due to wear and tear, misalignment, or debris obstruction.
- Rumbling or Booming: A rumbling or booming noise can indicate the buildup of sediment in the heater's tank if you have a water heater. This buildup can cause overheating and damage the tank.
- Clicking or Ticking: Clicking or ticking sounds may be normal as your heater turns on and off. However, persistent clicking could signal a faulty thermostat or control system.
- Hissing or Sizzling: A hissing or sizzling noise may be due to a leak in your heater's gas line. This is a serious safety concern and should be addressed immediately by a professional.
While some heater noises may be harmless, others can be indicative of significant issues that require professional attention. Regular maintenance and timely repairs can help prolong your heater's lifespan and ensure your home stays warm and safe.
Did You Know You Can Get Tax Credits for Energy Efficient Upgrades?
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022 extends the tax credits offered by the federal government to homeowners who made qualifying energy efficient improvements after December 31, 2021. If you qualify, you can claim these credits on your taxes when you file in 2022.
Qualifying energy efficient upgrades are those improvements or products that help your home save energy; help you save money; and help all of us protect our environment from climate change. To apply, you’ll need to complete the IRS Form 5695: Residential Energy Credits worksheet.
More good news: Beginning January 1, 2023, federal tax credits on energy efficient upgrades will be in place for 10 years. And, the $500 lifetime cap has been changed to $1,000 to $2,000 annually, dependent on the type of efficiency improvements you make. This means more credit claims for more projects!
Heating Installation in Lowell
Installing a new heating system in your home is a large project. This decision should not be taken lightly as it represents a significant investment. Additionally, because you will live with this new heating system for the next 10-15 years, you want to be sure you are happy with the products and services you select. Our Lowell heating installation experts can help guide you in making this important decision.
Things to consider when installing a new furnace:
- Your preferred fuel source
- The efficiency of the new furnace
- Where you will install the new furnace
- The size of the heater needed for your home
- Warranty coverage and rebate options
- Safety features and considerations
At A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc., we can install any brand or type of heating system you want. We will inspect your current system and the set-up of your home. Our heater installation technicians will then discuss your needs and your preferences with you, showing you which products will best meet your goals and your budget. We will never pressure you to buy things you do not need or want.
New heating systems offer homeowners a host of new features. More modern systems can be integrated into home automation systems, have remote control capabilities, and are more energy-efficient than older models. The decision to install a new heater in your home is not one to be taken lightly. We know that this is a significant investment, and we want to help you select the system that is right for you.
You should consider replacing your heater with a new one if:
- Your heating needs have changed
- The current system is 10+ years old
- Frequent repairs to your old system ultimately cost more than a replacement
- You want to save money on utility bills
- You would like to improve the air quality in your home
- You’d like a more environmentally friendly system
- The needs of you and your family have changed, and your old system is no longer adequate
At A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc., we will never pressure you to buy things you do not need. Instead, our Lowell heating installation specialists listen to you and your needs. We will help you select the heater that is appropriately sized to your home, and which will meet both your goals and your budget. As a company, we are committed to always providing upfront, honest pricing with no surprises.
“Very Attentive” - Amanda F.
“He Gives You 5 Star Service” - Phyllis F.
“Fixed Our Problem in No Time” - Mark O.
“Great guy” - Steve C.
“Best Around!” - Michael L.
“Sonith listened to my concerns and responded clearly to my questions.” - Margo C.
“Best Contractors I Have Worked With!” - Christopher S.
“Very Pleased with the Service” - Barbara G.