Committed to Customer Satisfaction & Excellence
For nearly 20 years, A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. has been providing Lowell residents with high-quality, tailored plumbing solutions. Our technicians and plumbers are known for being knowledgeable and licensed professionals. If your boiler is not working properly, you can trust our team to help you identify and address the issue in a timely manner.
Why work with our professionals?
- As we mentioned, our technicians are licensed and trained professionals, and they are NATE-certified.
- We offer competitive pricing options and have financing options available.
- We have a 30-day customer satisfaction guarantee and can fix unresolved issues for no-additional cost.
- Our technicians are passionate about our job and customer satisfaction, which shows in our work.
If you are experiencing issues with your boiler, call (978) 350-5522 or reach out online to request a free quote or schedule a service.
Common issues with boilers that require repair include corroded copper tubing, malfunctioning fans, a broken thermostat, leaking valves or drip pans. In addition, sediment buildup can reduce the efficiency of the boiler and clogged filters can restrict airflow.
Regular maintenance can help prevent many of issues from arising, but they may still occur as boilers age and wear down over time. If your boiler has begun to show signs of reduced performance or increased energy consumption, it may be time to call in our experienced technicians.
Signs that your boiler likely needs to be repaired are:
- Delays in heating. If heat isn’t produced soon after you cut on your system, your boiler is likely having circulation issues.
- Faulty power. If your boiler does not run once you’ve cut it on or frequently cuts on and off, the power supply may need to be repaired.
- Inadequate heating. You may have an issue with the short circuits in your thermostat or buildup issues if you notice your system isn’t producing enough heat.
- Leaking water. Pooling water or moisture around your boiler can be serious; leaks can cause issues with energy efficiency and utility costs. In severe cases, you boiler may be at risk of bursting.
- Older boiler. The lifespan of a boiler is largely determined by the quality of maintenance it receives and how often it is used. Generally speaking, standard boilers can last between 10 and 20 years while more advanced systems may last up to 30 years. However, warranties may not cover the full lifespan of a boiler, so regular inspection and maintenance is important in order to ensure your system remains safe and reliable throughout its life. If your boiler is old, it may need more frequent repairs.
- Strange smells. If you notice strange smells (i.e. like sulfuric, metallic, or egg-like), you may have a gas or oil leak.
- Unusual sounds. A common sign of boiler damage is a whirring, whistling, thumping, or grinding sound; these sounds (or any other odd noises) often mean that the system has a blockage or the heat exchanger or heater pump is broken.
Difference Between a Boiler & Furnace
Boilers are used to heat water or produce steam for various purposes. Most commonly, boilers are used to heat homes by pumping hot water or steam through radiators located throughout the house or commercial buildings. When it comes to residential applications, boilers can be incredibly efficient because they don't require any additional ventilation systems (unlike furnaces). Additionally, boilers typically last longer than furnaces because they don’t experience the same amount of wear and tear that a furnace does.
Furnaces use natural gas or propane to heat air in your home by blowing it through ducts located throughout your house. This heated air is then circulated throughout your home via vents located throughout each room. Unlike boilers, furnaces require an additional ventilation system in order to operate safely and efficiently.
This means that installation costs will be higher than those of a boiler system because more ductwork needs to be installed around your home. Additionally, furnaces tend to need more frequent repairs due to their complex design and parts that wear out over time.
Premier Boiler Repair Services in Lowell
A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. can handle repairs on steam, hot water, natural gas, and electric boilers. If you are having boiler issues, our technicians can work to identify the specific problem, develop a customized plan to address the issue, and bring warmth back to your home.
Contact our team online or via phone (978) 350-5522 to schedule a boiler repair service today.
“Best Around!” - Michael L.
“Booking was Fast and Easy” - William G.
“I love this company” - Steven A B.
“Very Happy!” - Rick A.
“Fixed Our Problem in No Time” - Mark O.
“Definitely Recommend” - William G.
“He Gives You 5 Star Service” - Phyllis F.
“Great guy” - Steve C.