Helping Customers Stay Comfortable & Warm Since 2003
A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. is committed to providing high-quality HVAC services to our customers. We understand how frustrating it can be to suffer in your home because of issues with your furnace. Backed by nearly 20 years of experience, our experienced Lowell furnace repair technicians are equipped to help you investigate the source of the problem and develop a plan to address the issue.
If you are having problems with your furnace and are not getting enough (or any heat), you should reach out to our team as soon as possible. Your furnace can be suffering from any number of issues, and the sooner we investigate the cause/problem, the sooner you can have heat again. Booking a furnace repair service sooner rather than later can save you money as you can avoid developing more complex issues.
Common issues and signs that you require furnace repair services include (but are not limited to):
- Unexpected noises. If your furnace is making strange noises (i.e. clunking, thumping, shrieking, etc.), the blower belt in your furnace may be broken. There may also be other repair implications depending on the type of sound the furnace is emitting.
- Unclean ductwork. You may notice issues with the airflow from your furnace if your ductwork needs to be cleaned. Accumulations of dirt and debris can affect the amount of air that comes out of your vents.
- Tripped circuit breaker. While your furnace may occasionally trip your circuit breaker because of power surges, you may need to have a repair service if the system is continually tripping.
- Thermostat issues. In some instances, your thermostat may be the problem rather than the furnace itself. If your thermostat is malfunctioning, it may send incorrect data to your furnace, cause electrical issues, or simply read the wrong temperature.
- Old filters. To ensure the air coming out of the furnace is clean, your furnace has filters that block allergens, dirt, and other air pollutants. If these filters are not regularly changed, your furnace may not function at its maximum efficiency, and your furnace will often have to work harder to pump air out.
- Malfunctioning heat exchanger. The coil of tubes in your furnace makes up the heat exchanger, which distributes the heat. These tubes can only handle so much heat and require routine maintenance. Without maintenance, the tubes may crack or malfunction, and you may notice less heat coming out of the vents (if the exchanger is malfunctioning).
- Ignitor issues. Sometimes customers schedule a furnace repair appointment because their furnace is running but failing to produce heat. Commonly, this issue arises because the furnace ignitor is not creating a spark to convert the gas supply into heat. Our furnace repair technicians can easily replace a malfunctioning ignitor; however, if you do not address ignitor issues immediately, the damage to your furnace can become more significant and require more complex repairs.
- Gas leaks. If you notice a burning odor coming from your furnace, that is entirely normal. After being initially turned on, the smell may develop as layers of dust are burned off; however, the small should disperse within an hour or two. If you notice that the burning smell continues or smell a moldy or metallic smell, you should schedule a repair service immediately. As a precaution, you should also turn off your gas valve and open the windows in your house as you may have a gas leak.
- Bad limit switch. Furnaces have limit switches that detect the heat within the furnace and turn the blower fan on and off based on that temperature. Limit switches can also turn the furnace off if the furnace temperature gets too high, which can prevent fires, property damage, and other internal furnace issues. If you notice your furnace is continuously running or that it seems excessively hot, the limit switch may be broken. Fixing this issue may be as simple as cleaning the flame sensor, but other issues with the limit switch often require professional help.
Extend the Lifespan of Your Furnace with Regular Maintenance
Regular furnace maintenance is crucial for keeping your heating system running efficiently and extending its lifespan. By scheduling routine maintenance with A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc., you can prevent costly repairs and ensure that your furnace continues to provide reliable warmth for years to come.
Benefits of regular furnace maintenance include:
- Improved energy efficiency
- Reduced risk of breakdowns
- Enhanced indoor air quality
- Optimal heating performance
- Lower heating costs
Our team of experienced technicians will thoroughly inspect and clean your furnace, checking for any potential issues and making necessary adjustments. We will also replace any worn-out parts to ensure that your furnace operates at peak performance. Don't wait until your furnace breaks down - schedule regular maintenance today and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with a well-maintained heating system.
Thorough Inspections & Furnace Tune-Ups
Regular furnace maintenance is essential to keeping your heating system running smoothly and efficiently. By scheduling annual maintenance with A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc., you can prevent costly breakdowns and ensure that your furnace is operating at its best.
Our team of experienced technicians will perform a thorough inspection and tune-up of your furnace, including:
- Cleaning and inspecting the burners
- Checking and adjusting the gas pressure
- Testing and calibrating the thermostat
- Inspecting and lubricating the blower motor
- Checking for any leaks or cracks in the heat exchanger
Don't wait until your furnace breaks down to call for repairs. Schedule regular maintenance with A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. today to keep your home warm and comfortable all winter long.
High-Quality, Trusted Furnace Repair Services
A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. has been serving Lowell and the surrounding communities for nearly 20 years. Our dedicated HVAC technicians are committed to helping our customers restore comfort to their home and are known for getting the job done right. If you are experiencing furnace issues, you can trust our team to help investigate, identify, and address the issue.
At A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc., our technicians are not only NATE-certified but are also approachable, experienced, and professional. We offer affordable and competitive pricing options and have finance options. Additionally, we offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, meaning we will return to fix any unresolved issues at no additional cost.
Have issues with your furnace? Our Lowell furnace repair technicians can help—call (978) 350-5522 to schedule a service.
“Fixed Our Problem in No Time” - Mark O.
“Very Attentive” - Amanda F.
“I love this company” - Steven A B.
“Very Timely” - Michael S. L.
“Great guy” - Steve C.
“Promised Appointment Time Met” - Edward C J.
“Best Contractors I Have Worked With!” - Christopher S.
“Thank you!” - Judith B.