Lowell Water Treatment Systems
Removing Impurities for Better Tasting Water & Improved Health
Our bodies are 60% water. Earth is 70% water. H20 is an integral part of life. Drinking, cooking, and cleaning all rely on this valuable resource. But what happens when the water in our homes is not as pristine as it should be?
At A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc., we offer water treatment options in the Lowell area that will help you drink from the tap with peace of mind.
Water Treatment vs. Water Filtration
Water treatment and water filtration are often used interchangeably, but they are separate processes.
Water filtration’s main job is to remove sediment, suspended solids, and other larger particles, including bacteria. Much of what is removed by water filtration can be seen with the naked eye. Filtration improves the taste, color, and purity of the water. Whole-house filtration systems are installed at the main water line and improve the water throughout the house. Point-of-use filters remove the impurities at a specific place such as the kitchen faucet.
As wonderful as water filtration is at improving water quality, the method has its limitations. Smaller particles can only be removed with a water treatment system. Water treatment addresses trace chemicals, minute organisms, and viruses that can make people sick. It does not remove larger suspended particles as a filter does.
You may need a water treatment system if you notice any of these signs:
- Dry, itchy skin
- Change in hair texture/health
- Recurring stomach problems
- Discolored water
- Foul smells
- Stains on your clothes after washing
- The water has a heavy chlorine or metal taste
- Limescale buildup on appliances using water
- can all be reduced when the water you use is as pristine as possible.
Contact A. Fagundes Plumbing & Heating Inc. to schedule an appointment for a water test. We will determine which water treatment system (and/or filtration system) is best suited to address the specific issues found.
Water Treatment Can Also Add Helpful Elements
Water treatment – also called water purification – for Lowell homes does more than remove the smallest of harmful substances. These systems also add beneficial elements to the water. For example, calcium can be added if the water’s pH is too low. Viruses can be killed by adding chlorine or iodine.
Types of Water Treatment Systems
Different water treatment systems tackle specific issues. Which treatment is right for your home depends on your home’s water. Before any system is installed, our experienced water quality specialists will test your home’s water and provide an analysis.
Water treatment options include the following:
- Activated Carbon Filter: Absorbs organic contaminants to improve the taste and smell of water; can remove metals such as lead and copper
- Ion Exchange Unit: Helps to balance hard water by removing calcium, magnesium, and other minerals; can also remove fluoride, radium, and barium
- Reverse Osmosis Unit: Removes nitrates, sodium, and dissolved inorganic/organic compounds; removes some pesticides, dioxins, chloroform, and petrochemicals; eliminates foul tastes, smells, and colors
- Distillation Unit: Removes nitrates, sodium, bacteria, heavy metals, and most organic compounds; kills bacteria
Some homes may benefit from a combination of water filtration and water treatment systems.
See Our Awards
Read Real Reviews Reviews
“Sonith listened to my concerns and responded clearly to my questions.” - Margo C.
“Best Around!” - Michael L.
“Best Contractors I Have Worked With!” - Christopher S.
“Fixed Our Problem in No Time” - Mark O.
“Very Timely” - Michael S. L.
“Very Attentive” - Amanda F.
“Friendly Service!” - Mike B.
“Excellent” - Derek K.